I lost a dear friend last night. Rachel was an AMAZING Godly woman, wife and mother. She has three wonderful children, Aleah, Bruce & Caynah (born just 10 days ago). She was an awesome wife to Scott. She was very hard working, conscientious, and loving.
We serve an awesome God. That is the only way I can comprehend what has happened. But, I can't help but ask why He choose to take her home. The answer that goes through my head and to my heart is that God is sovereign. His timing is perfect, with joys and sorrows.
I am so thankful that I have so many wonderful memories with Rachel. I'll never forget "meeting" her (she was an MK and lived in Indonesia for a long time) at church. We had become pen pals when she was in Indonesia. We attended the same church and had so much fun in Youth Group, including CDYC. Rachel and I went to Russia together on a mission's trip when we were in High School. It was during the school year, so there weren't many school aged kids on the trip. We had an AWESOME time! I was honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and she participated in mine as well. Despite the distance between us when I moved we always kept in touch.
A testament to her friendship & sacrifice is that she volunteered to be part of a prayer ministry for Steve while he's depl*yed. On the 7th of each month she took the time to pray for Steve, along with Isabella, Jack & I. She knew she would be having a baby, and already had two children to consume her life, but she was taking the time to support our family.
Thank you Rachel for all you meant to so many. I will greatly miss you!


No comments:
Post a Comment