September 10, 2009

The 10th

The 10th of each month is a milestone date in our family this year (I was going to say house, but well, we don't have a house). Jack turns a month older on the 10th, and it's also the day of the month that brings us a month closer to having Daddy back!





Jack 14 month stats:
Walking: No
Showing signs of the terrible twos: Yes
Drinking his milk from a sippy: N0
Starting to "interact" with his sister: Yes


Jack took his first "step" about a week ago, but isn't showing any signs of doing it again anytime soon. His little personality is starting to come out, and it's all boy. He loves to play ball, spin cars around, bang things together loudly, and LOVES to wrestle. His favorite person to wrestle with is Isabella, though she's not always a willing participant. My little cuddler would much rather be playing that sitting on Mommy's lap, and that's a bit sad. He still has his adorable two teeth grin, as no new teeth have come in yet. He does have a bit of a temper though, arching his back whenever he's removed from an "out of bounds" area. Those are definitely the times where I want Steve home NOW!

Steve...5 months down, 7 to go. We are so blessed that he gets to come back to the States for his meetings in October. I know that this is not something "normal" (however normal the Air Force ever is), and that we are truly blessed. It will be an amazing 10 days together as a family.

I would have to say that this has, by far, been the hardest month so far. Steve received some hard news this week. But, in the midst of all our "trials" I remind myself how much I have to be thankful for. Steve HAS a job, even if it stinks at times. We have two healthy children and a wonderful family.

No comments: