May 22, 2011

Our Super Saturday!

We had a WONDERFUL Saturday. The weather has been perfect, the kids are starting to feel better after having colds, and Steve didn't have to work! We headed downtown this morning, in what has become a favorite thing to do on Saturdays. We love the market! The fresh flowers and produce are all from local farmers and at a great price. It is so interesting watching people as well. Steve and I always try to find all the Americans, because, well, sometimes they stick out pretty obviously! Having three young kids makes it obvious to all that we're Americans, as Germans RARELY have more than two children. We always end our time downtown with a Galati from our favorite Galati stand. Isabella and Steve's favorite is lemon and strawberry, and I share my tiramisu and mocha with Jack.











This afternoon after a crazy commissary trip (why do I always pick the busiest days to go get groceries?), Steve grilled steaks on the grill and we ate out on the back deck. I love eating outside because it makes clean up a lot easier! Jack can make all the mess he wants and I don't have to worry about vacuuming it all up!





After dinner Steve was brave enough to let Isabella and Jack help him wash the Honda. It was so cute watching them. We were a bit concerned that Jack would quickly lose interest, but he had a blast! I think he cleaned the same spot the whole time! :) Isabella, as usual, was a big help and enjoyed playing in the water on a warm evening.

No comments: