February 18, 2009

And so it begins...

Steve received his orders today...well we all did. The kids and I to Indiana and Steve to the desert. We've scheduled our household goods move, so we will be officially "homeless" starting around March 10th. Steve's actual report date is mid-April.

Before now the year deployment was something I put in my mind as a really distant event...but now that we have orders it makes it all too real for me. To be open and honest I've shed a lot of tears today. I will miss Steve SO MUCH! It breaks my heart to think of Isabella and Jack without their Daddy for a whole year. I have no doubt, though, that the Lord will guide us through this journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Lord will help you, Jeannie-and you will grow closer to Him. It could be a year of blessings for you all-but yes, you will miss each other. I will be praying for you. We are going to miss all of you! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out as you prepare to leave.