I was so excited that on one of our last weekends in Germany that we were able to visit the charming town of Bernkastel-Kues. It was foggy when we first arrived, but soon the sun came out and it turned into a gorgeous day! Bernkastel-Kues is situated along the Mosel River and is known for it's wine. The vineyards on the hills surrounding the town and river were beautiful. Also overlooking the city are the ruins of the Landshut Castle, constructed in the 9th century.
The timberframe buildings situated along the narrow streets were picturesque, and we were able to see the "Pointed House" which Isabella had been looking forward to. The "Pointed House" dates back to 1416.
 |
Ruins of Landshut Castle overlooking Bernkastel-Kues and the Mosel River. |
 |
Walking to the Rathhaus (Town Hall) in the Marktplatz. |
 |
| The Marktplatz |
 |
| The Pointed House |
 |
| Beautiful timberframe buildings. |
1 comment:
Oh how I love this place!! I have been 4 times and I love it every time, even if it's raining. I think my favorite has to be the time Mike proposed to me there. ;-)
Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment