August 05, 2007

Some lessons are hard to learn…

One thing I learned this week about parenthood is to ALWAYS have a second favorite (exact replica) toy on hand just in case the unspeakable happens (losing it in the mall). Isabella has (or had) a favorite bunny security blanket. Yesterday when we went to the mall she insisted on taking it with her. Well, of course, we managed to lose it, and didn’t have anything to replace it with. Last night was a struggle for her, as she didn’t have bunny. This morning I accidentally said the bunny word and she went straight for her bedroom door and cried for it. I searched on the internet for a replacement, only to find one on EBAY selling for $49. I guess the person selling it knew how desperate some parents would get for a security blanket. Deciding that $49 was a bit extreme I headed to Target to see if I could find something similar. I did manage to find a replacement, OK 3 replacements. Isabella is again happy and very possessive of her new “bunnies.”


No comments: